David,

You wrote, in regard to using phones:
>Putting the receiver
> to ear seems to produce a pavlovian  reflex.Way out--use a
loudspeaker phone
> which for me makes the whole process seem much more natural.

Another very effective alternative is to use a headset phone. It has
the advantage that  even if you do get dyskinetic, the relationship
between the speaker and your mouth remain the same,  making it easier
for the listener.  I run a small help desk using mine, and have even
held succesful conversations with the tax department.  Successful,
that is to say, in that they understood what I was saying.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/