My father, who is 72, was diagnosed with Parkinson's 14 years ago, and is
having problems with hallucinations. I'm hoping that somebody on this list
has had some success in dealing with this symptom. Dad is taking quite a lot
of Sinemet: about 8 25/100 of the immediate release form (in hourly divided
doses), and 2 50/200 of the CR type, each day. The hallucinations began (or
at least became much worse) during a trial of Mirapex. Unfortunately, they
did not remit much when the trial was ended. He is not taking any other
dopamine agonists. His neurologist has had him try Seroquel (a new
anti-psychotic drug) and Melleril (an old one), but neither drug helped, and
they may have actually made the problems worse. He is barely functional on
the current Sinemet dose, and does not want to reduce it unless it is
absolutely necessary.

Any suggestions?
Robert S. Massey ***********************