physiotherapist in the Ottawa area who is knowledgeable about PD, I
would recommend a HELEN ZIPES. Up until a year ago she ran an exercise
program for a few years on behalf of the PARKINSON,S SOCIETY OF
OTTAWA-CARLETON. It was held at The Riverside Hospital. I participated
in the program for a year and found it quite helpful. I then had some
problems with my knees which I overcame with special exercises I do at
home. This program was designed by Helen at sessions held at the
COLUMBIA REHABILITATION CENTRE, a U.S. based private company where Helen
is the head. Her telephone number is 523-9095.

Another suggestion would be to participate in an exercise program which
is held on Monday and Tuesday afternoons in the new training facility of
the PARKINSON'S SOCIETY. It is located at the Ottawa Civic Hospital at
1053 Carling Avenue. Further information can be obtained by contacting
the office at 722-9238, or E-mail: [log in to unmask]

I should also mention I am now involved with a Tai Chi program which is
also administered by the PARKINSON'S SOCIETY at the Civic Hospital.

If anyone in the Ottawa area would you like to discuss the matter
further by /phone my number is 747-6550.

Ken Clements                     < [log in to unmask]

64/2                              Ottawa  CANADA