Thanks to everyone who has written both to me and to
the PDNET about Larodopa.

According to my ND there are several new drugs, on the
order of Madopar, which will be available in the U.S.
by Spring.  Also according to my ND, nausea is the only
thing he is concerned about, since I'm starting on a very
small dose of Levodopa and I will be the one to increase
it. I picked up my Larodopa last night late so I waited till
this morning to start on the new meds.  So far so good.

Ivan, I think I have a unique problem, which most
PWP won't have,  I have a canernous hemangioma in my
liver, which does indeed, cause me many problems.
I was probably born with it, but of course no one
knows for certain.  I wouldn't suggest to anyone
to have the test to find out, it hurt like H***.

The hemangioma caused me to think the pain of the ruptured sigmoid
colon was only the hemangioma acting up, and this time, it made me
ignore
the purpura, which according to the ND, is caused by Carbidopa.
I just thought having purple ankles and lips was a part of the
hemangioma and old age. NOT!!!

My New Year's resolution this year is to tell my ND when I notice
ANYTHING out of the ordinary, instead of waiting 6 months, which
I seem to be prone to do.

My other symptoms, which did send me back to the ND were:

1. Feeling as if I had the aftermath of an Asthma attack,
   this went on for about a week, and I hadn't even had
   an Asthma attack.

2. Very blurred vision, starting one to one and a half hours
   after taking Sinemet.   I traced this for a week before calling
   the ND.

3. Purpura, which I completly ignored for 6 months, I'd slap
   a bandage on it when it bled and went on. I have no idea
   why I thought I should have purple ankles and arms.But when it
   started in on my face and lips, I did become concerned.
   (Vanity thy name is Woman)?????

I will give the definition of Purpura from the Taber's Cyclopedic
Medical
Dictionary for those of you who don't have access to a library.

PURPURA (pur pu ra):
Condition with various manifestations and diverse causes, characterized
by hemorrhages into the skin, mucous membranes, internal organs, and
other tissues.  Hemorrhage into the skin shows red, darkening into
purple, then brownish-yellow and finally disappearing in 2 to 3 weeks.
Areas of discoloration do not disappear under pressure.

The Lancet, the British Medical Journal had a good article on
Schonlein-Henoch Purpura and Carbidopa being the cause.  Of course
my ND already knew all about it, but I did some research on the
subject of purpura before I found it.
If anyone would be interested in the article, let me know and I'll
email it to you.
I'm on digest now, so you'll have to contact me directly or it will
be a day or two before I get my email read.

Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian
with PD  65/9