I have recently been suffering with what turns
out to be an adverse reaction to the Carbodopa
part of the Sinemet, and my ND changed me over to Larodopa.

I'm on a forced drug holiday, since none of the pharmacies
stock Larodopa anymore, but it is possible for them
to order it. However, I won't be able to get it before Friday
after work.

I'm not going to say a drug holiday is bad for everyone,
 but I will say from personal experience, that for me
at least, its a torture which I really don't need at this
time!!

Larodopa is Levodopa with out the Carbodopa, it was used
widely in the 70's and it will cross the blood/brain barrier alone,
but it will require twice the dosage of what I had to take of the
Sinemet.

Maybe one of the reasons Brian Collins is lucky enough to not
have had problems is that he is fortunate enough to have a product
which doesn't contain Carbodopa. Unfortunately it isn't available
in the U.S.  How I wish it were!!!

Now, my question is, since I can't take anything to counteract
the nausea, because it would bind with the levodopa and stop
it from working effectively, and since Levodopa taken alone, and in the
quantities
I will have to take,  will cause nausea, can anyone who has taken
it give me any suggestions?  My ND said to take it WITH meals.

BTW, I can't take a PD agnoist because of other health problems,
so I'm not able to even try Mirapex or Requip.

Thanks in advance,
Marjorie Moorefield,
just another librarian
with PD  65/9