I'm not surprised that the introduction of Mirapex without concurrent
reduction of Sinemet, caused hallucinations, as that was Peter's
experience. If hallucinations persist, many PWPs have been given either
Clozaril or Zyprexa to deal with them, and have found these helpful. Why
not ask his neuro about that option? Good luck!

My father, who is 72, was diagnosed with Parkinson's 14 years ago, and is
>having problems with hallucinations. I'm hoping that somebody on this list
>has had some success in dealing with this symptom. Dad is taking quite a lot
>of Sinemet: about 8 25/100 of the immediate release form (in hourly divided
>doses), and 2 50/200 of the CR type, each day. The hallucinations began (or
>at least became much worse) during a trial of Mirapex. Unfortunately, they
>did not remit much when the trial was ended. He is not taking any other
>dopamine agonists. His neurologist has had him try Seroquel (a new
>anti-psychotic drug) and Melleril (an old one), but neither drug helped, and
>they may have actually made the problems worse. He is barely functional on
>the current Sinemet dose, and does not want to reduce it unless it is
>absolutely necessary.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Robert S. Massey ***********************

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8