I have been watching this thread with interest, and thought I might make my
contribution. I used to play the guitar (very badly), but I rarely touch it
now. I find that as soon as I start playing, my face fwists up in the most
peculiar ways.  I think that partly it is that as the progress of PD
continues, and various muscles that used to operate on an instinctive level
start to fail, we uncosciously take over their control under what I call
'manual mode'. This works fairly well until a task comes along which requires
a large comittment of brain power. I think making music fits that category.
It's not a complete explanation, I know - Wht should it be the facial muscles
which go? (Maybe they make a heavy demand on brain-power?) As they used to
say about a certain famous person : He can think, and he can chew gum  - but
not at the same time -- Thats us!

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>