When I first joined this list about two years ago there was some discussion
(and an informal survey) about the coincidence of arthritis and PD.  I don't
remember any conclusions.  I personally have mild arthritis, Hashimoto's
Syndrome (my immune system is attacking my thyroid) and PD.

I cannot believe that PD is caused directly by an auto-immune disorder since
the immune system does not operate in the brain.  Perhaps these disorders
and PD have a common root cause.

                Ron Reiner (50/2)