Emily....

Errr....  MY washing machine is in the garage on concrete, and truthfully, I
don't hang 'round in the garage watching it go thru the spin cycle in order to
look for comparisons! <grinning>

I CAN tell ya that living in a townhouse with neighbors within a few feet on
both sides HAS created a single annual event that DOES have an effect upon my
PD and it DOES strongly resemble internal tremor.  This is a terrible time
physically for me because I can COUNT on this happening as long as I continue
to live in my townhouse.

In the summer and autumn when I'm running my unit's 20 year old 3 ton forced
air conditioner and one particular next door neighbor's running her 4 year old
3 ton air conditioner, if  HER air conditioning unit's running alone ,it
vibrates at SUCH a swift rate that I can FEEL that vibration thru the concrete
foundation of the building.   My skin seems to crawl and I feel that
Parkinson-y "inner tremor" in my arms and chest wall to the point I want to
scream!!!

To counter-act HER air unit's aggravating MY physical condition, I end up
being forced to run MY air conditioner simultaneously (significantly raising
my monthly electrical bill!).  My air unit has a slower vibration that
generates a more ponderous (for lack of a better word), "feeling" thru the
concrete foundation, thus causing no aggravation of my PD symptoms.

Due to the 5 months of 100 + degrees weather in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley, my
neighbor runs HER air conditioner 24 hours a day to MY running mine maybe 6 or
7 hours daily - PRIOR to her getting that new air conditioner.

NOW - if I'm home when my neighbor's running HER air conditioner, I run MY air
conditioner to counteract the vibrations caused by her unit (and bless her,
she's a dear lady, a good neighbor, and hasn't a clue about any of this).  I
called a couple of air conditioner service companies to see if there was any
way to adjust or calibrate my neighbor's air unit to a different vibration
(and I have NO idea how these things work!) and was told "Hahahaha.  NO!!"

Sooooo... in addition to my own totally PD-generated "inner tremor," I also
have a 5-month-a-year "air-conditioner-generated-inner-tremor." (shrugging and
sighing)  DO  you realize that we - your hubby Jim 'n I - have created a whole
NEW category of PD symptoms?  "Household-machinery-like-or-caused internal
tremor!" <rueful grin>

Barb Mallut