--------------F4192C429AD7B4EE92EBFCB0

Barbara Mallut wrote:

> In the summer and autumn when I'm running my unit's 20 year old 3 ton forced
> air conditioner and one particular next door neighbor's running her 4 year old
> 3 ton air conditioner, if  HER air conditioning unit's running alone ,it
> vibrates at SUCH a swift rate that I can FEEL that vibration thru the concrete
> foundation of the building.   My skin seems to crawl and I feel that
> Parkinson-y "inner tremor" in my arms and chest wall to the point I want to
> scream!!!
>
> To counter-act HER air unit's aggravating MY physical condition, I end up
> being forced to run MY air conditioner simultaneously (significantly raising
> my monthly electrical bill!).  My air unit has a slower vibration that
> generates a more ponderous (for lack of a better word), "feeling" thru the
> concrete foundation, thus causing no aggravation of my PD symptoms.
>
> Due to the 5 months of 100 + degrees weather in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley, my
> neighbor runs HER air conditioner 24 hours a day to MY running mine maybe 6 or
> 7 hours daily - PRIOR to her getting that new air conditioner.
>
> NOW - if I'm home when my neighbor's running HER air conditioner, I run MY air
> conditioner to counteract the vibrations caused by her unit (and bless her,
> she's a dear lady, a good neighbor, and hasn't a clue about any of this).  I
> called a couple of air conditioner service companies to see if there was any
> way to adjust or calibrate my neighbor's air unit to a different vibration
> (and I have NO idea how these things work!) and was told "Hahahaha.  NO!!"
>
> Sooooo... in addition to my own totally PD-generated "inner tremor," I also
> have a 5-month-a-year "air-conditioner-generated-inner-tremor." (shrugging and
> sighing)  DO  you realize that we - your hubby Jim 'n I - have created a whole
> NEW category of PD symptoms?  "Household-machinery-like-or-caused internal
> tremor!" <rueful grin>
>
> Barb Mallut
>
> -

Hi Barb, I'm surprised you got that kind of an answer from an Air Conditioning
service co. It is a very normal for the A/C installer to place the condensing unit
on 4" X  4" styrofoam curbs. This may not cure the whole problem but it should
certainly help.
Your neighbor may want to have the unti checked because if it is making that much
viabration it could possibly damage the unit.
Good Luck
Bob Chapman  64/2

--------------F4192C429AD7B4EE92EBFCB0

begin:          vcard