>Re Roger's fathers problem - thinking he is going to die.
>
>Does he have "panic attacts" or does he feel this way all the time.   Panic
>attacts can be treated and the patient can be helped with medication - with
>therapy if available.
>
>Also, my brother-in-law with similar feelings is now taking an anti-anxiety
>medication, I believe he no longer takes an anti-depressent.
>
>Just a thought

Hello Helen, and thank you for your reply. Yes my dad is taking Ativan for
anxiety as well as Welbutrin, which is an anti-depressant medication. These
seem to help him somewhat, but he is still very frequently preoccupied with
these ideations he is about to die. He has admitted to me he ofeten starts
to feel "panicky," but refuses to engage in any form of talk therapy.

You mentioned your brother-in-law has/had similar feelings -- Has his
anti-anxiety agent helped reduce these episodes? Do you know the name of the
medication? My father has also been on BuSpar in the past, and I believe
Klonapine. Both of these he refused to take after trying them for only a day
or two, saying, "they're not helping me," or "they only make me worse."

I am glad your brother-in-law has received some benefit from his medication.
If you can find the name, I'd be interested in hearing. Thanks again. Take Care!

Roger