Several have asked how Peter is doing on his very gradual increase in
ReQuip.  The answer seems to be " NOT badly!"  By the gradual increase
coupled with Sinemet reduction, we have avoided any serious hallucinations,
such as he had with Mirapex last summer.  Main side effect is somnolence,
and this is typical, accordingto the package insert.  Not that we needed
anymore naptime, but it could be a lot worse!  His early mornings are much
improved, and he has ebbn starting breakfast while I read the paper and
have a cup of coffee in bed--what a treat!  Times of confusion have been
rare, and probably related to stress.  One day we got really fouled up on
meds and he was 2 hrs. late with the 2PM dose--didn't even realize it, till
I noticed--the noontime Requip may have helped.
As of this week, he now takes 3 of the 0.25mg tablets of Requip 3 times a
day. He takes the first dose with 7 AM Sinemet and Prozac, the other two at
lunch and dinner. I have asked whether we can try reducing Sinemmet  again,
or increasing Requip.   Surely there's a larger pill, so as not to have to
take so many little ones???
All in all, I'm very pleased with the results so far, and have hopes that
the stable plateau will continue for some time.  BTW--there's a number you
can call to get the dosage info on Requip (the package insert, which
doesn't come with the starter package): 1-800-366-8900, ext.5231.

Camilla                 [log in to unmask]

        #  The World is One Country  #