Hi Manfred,
I think you will get (and need) lots of feedback on your intro and
questions. I developed a slight leg tremor two years ago, did not think
much about it or go to a Dr. Then about one year ago I developed a much
more noticiable tremor in my left arm, and then I went to the Doc. I was
diag with PD. So I guess I have had PD for two years plus three months.
I did a lot of reading, sending off for information from several PD
organazations. Based on what I read I declined to start taking
Selegiline, which my Neuro was going to start me on. But he had no
problem with me waiting if that was my desire. So at this point in time
I am still just bidding my time and reading almost everything in this
list.
It seems to me that one of the new drugs called Requip would be a good
drug for someone like you or I to start on. I am going to talk to my
Neuro next month at my next visit. I read the following sentence on a
report that was put on the list ref Requip (ropiniole) "Ropiniole
monothearpy is an effective and well-tolerated therapeutic option for
treatment of early Parkinsons disease". This was from a paper in
Neurology 1997 written by a group of doctors  from the Department of
Neurology of the Mayo Clinic at Scottsdale Az.
There is a lot of questions about starting sinemet at your very early
stage, and I would do a lot of investigation if I were you. I hope you
get lots of feedback from other PWP's who have been on this list a lot
longer than I and who know a lot more than I have learned in the last
few months. Good Luck.

Lanier Maddux         Chattanooga Tn.