 Hello Manfred,

One more comment:

> 2. My prescription (which I have not yet taken) is as follows: one tablet
> of Sinemet CR 100/25 a day in the morning after a meal. If the release
> time of Sinemet CR is 2 to 5 hours what happens for the rest of the 24
> hours? Isn't it better to take Sinemet CR before a meal?

When we start medication (or change prescription) there is generally
an initiation or a weaning off where you introduce the change very
gradually over a period of weeks.  This minimizes side effects.  If
I'm correct in assuming your prescription would escalate over a few
weeks to Sinemet CR 100/25 taken 3 or 4 times daily then that would
sound normal.

I hope this is constructive.  Good health;  Murray