Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 21:13:55 +0000
From: Elliott Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
To: Ming Yueh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Received your email

Hi Stone,

        This seems to be my day to exaggerate. First,  I  apparently
exaggerated
Polly's  concern about how you spelled her name. Believe me, Stone, she
was
not at all  bothered, and you are totally forgiven!

        Second, I'm afraid I have misled you about the impact my forthcoming
email letter will have on you  and others. Unwisely I suggested that it
might
possibly be stunning;  my  worst fear, on the contrary, is that it  will
cause a lot of yawns -- in short that it will lay a big fat egg!

        You  mention Jeff;  do you still see him? -- is he still your buddy? --
did he
settle back in Taiwan?  If you're still in touch with him, say hello
for Polly and myself and tell  him we remember  him
fondly.

        Your  remark, Stone, that time flies is  so true -- and the  older  we
get the faster.  A  Navy  buddy of mine back  in  l944  wrote  me  last
Christmas  day  that  it seemed as though he was having  breakfast
every twenty  minutes!

        If  time  flies like an arrow,  Stone,  what do  fruit  flies like?
Who  cares!
The important thing is to remember what the little frog  said to his
mate:

        "Time's  fun  when you're  having  flies!!"

        Which  is  not  to demean  the  wisdom of the Chinese proverb shared by
Janet  Paterson with her  fellow  Parkies  on  the Internet last week:

        "Keep a green  bough  in  your  heart  and  the  song bird  will
come."

        Speaking  of  proverbs........

        TO  HELL  WITH  PARKINSON'S !!      LONG  LIVE  WET  BONES !!