Roger,

My mother Joyce (68/11 months) has complained for about 6 months now of
difficulty breathing and a thightness in the chest. She is convinced it's
the drugs (she was on Sinemet, Permax, and Paxil, then moved on to Sinemet
and Eldepryl, and is now on Requip only).

For the 2 weeks when she was off all drugs, however, she still had this
feeling. She told her doctor about it, and he claims he never heard of
anyone else having it. However, at a recent party, my mother met someone
else with PD who sees her doctor who has similar symptoms (?? vs. side
effects). Anyway, for my mother, it is one of her most distressing
symptoms. She never says anything about a feeling that she will die.

Hope things get better for your father.
Debbie White