-- [ From: Seymour Gross * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

To: All List Members,
Emory University is offering a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship at its
Center for the Study of Health, Culture, and Society, which will lead to
an interdisciplinary (social and biomedical) seminar in September on
"Defining the Public Health."  The topics to be considered have a direct
bearing, I believe, on Parkinson's and other major diseases, and will
include,  " how the illnesses and disabilities of individuals have
emerged as public health issues.  What are the critical elements that
determine whether a particular ailment or disability is recognized as a
public health issue or remains hidden, the experience of isolated
sufferers?"

This touches on a number of issues which we were confronted with in
pursuing passage of the Udall bill.

For additional information, and to indicate your interest in this
subject - http://www.emory.edu/CSHCS

To good things in '98 -
Dolores Gross