Dear Linda and other listfriends,

In Holland we have a brainbank, and I know that there is also one in
England, but I don't know about the other (european) countries. The
brainbank does research work for PD, Alzheimer and other "brain" diseases.
They have very little material (brains) for this very important work.
Probably there is one in the USA also.

In Holland you need a special codicil that says that the person donates
hers/his brains foe research. The obduction has to be done real soon after
the death of the donor.

They also need donors for the control group ("healthy" people).

I did some searches on the WWeb and found the following :

search  "brainbank" on Alta Vista gave 184 hits.

Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center at McLean Hospital (BRAINBANK) address
: http://www.mcleanhospital.org/brainbank.html

Donor Authorization Sheet
address : http://www.brainbank.mclean.org:8080/donorsheet.html

dutch : Index voor hersencodicils
http://www.uitvaart-info.nl/info/codicils/hcodidx.htm

A happy and healthy (for the rest of your body, so you can cope better)
1998, with the motto : "the cure -5", meaning 5 years to go to the
breakthrough. Start the countdown.

Kees Paap