Phil-- the special speech program for PWPs is the Lee Silverman Voice
Therapy. and not all speech pathologists are trained init. It is very
intensive, I believe. Ask about it locally.

          I remember extensive discussion on the list a number of months ago
>concerning a particular type of speech program that was highly recommended.
>(Since that time they changed servers at work and my hard drive failed, so I
>have lost all records about it.)
>
>Carol has gotten much harded to understand(at many times very fast and
>slurred.)
>We will be seeing both her primary neuro and one at Mass. Gen. this Thurs and
>next week and we would like to talk with them about it.

Mirapex and Requip are 2 new dopamine agonists, and if they are helpful
they can allow a reduction of Sinemet dosage. Be sure to ask about them,
also. Good luck!

 that we will also be discussing Mirapex and Requip? and I have also
>lost almost all info on them. (Those are the 2 newer treatments , aren't
>they?)

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*