From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Phil Tompkins
Sent:   Sunday, January 04, 1998 11:56 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Music for my neurons

Barbara Mallut wrote:

> Some things, m'friend, just don't always have an easy answer (tho
> there prolly is a long and complicated medical one if'n ya really
> wanna search for it).  In my opinion, it's enough that we discuss
> AND acknowlege these PD-related anomalies amongst ourselves, bring
> them to light, and establish them as being valid PD-related symptoms
> and/or quirks, mention 'em to our respective neurologists (who will
> ignore 'em, of course) <rueful grin> and THEN get on with life.

I do like understanding what's behind whatever symptoms I'm having.
Understanding tends to give me a sense of control, although I
recognize that it is a false sense of control.  If an explanation of
what's going on really provided security, then I would feel secure
contemplating the law of gravity while a canoe I'm paddling is being
carried over the edge of a waterfall.

Best wishes,

Phil Tompkins