(Grabbing flak jacket, ducking and running for shelter.)

Dear friends,

I was apparently too subtle in my remarks about mental exercise.  In
my experience -- and I realize this a very biased sample -- PWP as a
whole are more intelligent than average.  This sample not only
includes the members of this list, but also members of support groups
in the Baltimore area.

It was my wry observation that since PWP are smarter than your average
bear they probably engage in more mental exercise than average.  Just
coping with Parkinson's disease is exercise enough in some instances.

If mental exercise reverses or slows down the progression of
Parkinson's disease then why is this phenomenon not appearing in any
of us?  Hence my statement that I doubted the experiment could be
replicated using human subjects.

I was not implying that certain groups of people are or are not more
susceptible to Parkinson's disease.

By the way, Heather will be going into surgery this Wednesday.  Your
prayers for her are greatly appreciated.

Bruce
56/9
Sinemet CR & Mirapex