>I don't know whether Elavil is a tricyclic anti-depressant,
>like Prozac, but their are contra-indications against taking
>tricyclics with MAO inhibitors such as Eldepryl.  But since
>you aren't taking any PD meds, that shouldn't be a problem.
>
>Good luck
>
>Jim

Dear Jim and Lanier, Pardon me, but I just thought I might add my two cents'
worth, here..... Please note, Elavil *is* a tricyclic, while Prozac is a
Seratonin Re-Uptake Inhibitor, or "SRI." They are two completely different
classes of medications. As you know, tricyclics have been around since the
1950's, while SRI's were developed realatively recently - the mid- to
late-80's. Prozac was the first widely prescribed and available medication
of this new class of drugs. There are many variations available today -
Welbutrin, Paxil, Zoloft, to name a few. These have been refined further to
address specific brain centers involved mood state and psychomotor function.
These "newer meds" are definitely *not* tricyclics -- and IMHO, are probably
much more effective and safe in comparison.

Take Care of Yourself!
Roger