Carol Horner wrote:

> As a piano teacher, I am wondering if playing pieces you know well,
> the kind you don't have to really concentrate on any more--maybe
> something at a moderate tempo (which is easier than slow or fast)
> might give a different result.  If you try this, please let us know.

Well I gave it a try, but not an extensive one.  Perhaps the
dyskinesia is slightly less intense with familiar pieces - I
couldn't much notice - but it seems still greater than when not
playing at all.  There's always an awareness in the background of
not feeling like my old self, which is not relaxing.

In the opposite state, when my meds are at too low a level, it's a
struggle to sit up straight - I feel like I'm wearing a lead suit.
It's too much trouble to play then, so I have no effects to
report for that situation.

Also, it's not exactly my purpose to relax by making music - the
idea is just make music.

In general, I want to keep musically involved as long as possible.
I have I have given up trying to learn difficult or rapid pieces, and
am instead expanding my repertory laterally.

How about you?  How do you cope?  Also, are there any other
frustrated piano playing PWPs on the list?

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
60/9