hi brian;

you wrote:
>Hello Emily, my first reaction to your post was
>'Well, even if I don't approve of everything,
>they can't go far wrong at that early stage.
>Now, having digested things for a while,
>I do have some comments:
>First ; Selegeline [sic]- don't feel guilty; It's not a major issue -
>just remember that the 'anti-depressant is probably
>the effect of the amphetamine (speed)
>which is produced as the Selegeline [sic] breaks down,
>so watch out or he'll be off partying all night!

since i have taken selegiline [10 mg per day']
since diagnosis 9 years ago,
i have not witnessed any such 'partying' tendency in myself
nor have i read of any similar reaction
in any of the medical studies that i have posted to the list

brian, i do think it would be more helpful,
especially when addressing a newbie to this 'designer disease'
to qualify our statements about potential drug effects
as being our own individual opinion/experience only
and thus avoid the appearance of a sweeping generalization
or declaration of fact as substantiated by the accepted medical journals
[unless, of course, that is our intention]

for factual information on any medication discussed here
those of us with web access can:

1. search the archives of this list at simon coles' website
2. search the PubMed website provided by the US government

a third option is:
3. request past postings of published news or medical studies from me
when my 'real' computer is up and running again on a 'real' server

we are all, miraculously, individuals
with individual reactions and individual symptoms

your cyber-sibling
now in mississippi mills, ontario, canada

janet

janet paterson / 50-9 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac / [log in to unmask]