On Wed 31 Dec, Dennis Greene wrote:
> Brian Collins wrote:
>
> > I have mixed views about the book by Dwight C McGoon. The first 70
> > pages are by far the most readable and understandable descriptions
> of how
> > the brain operates (In the areas relevant to PD) that I have read.
> After
> > that he goes into his drug holiday mode, and I stop reading. To put
> it
> > delicately, I think it is rubbish.

  'Rubbish' is I admit a provocative word: I use it as a fly to draw
  the big fish to come and take a bite out of me. See - It works!!

> I must say Brian, that you are consistant, both in your opinions and
> your persistant use of the word "rubbish".  I am also interested to
> note that, on the evidence of the above quote, you no longer read
> opinions contrary to your own, even when they are written by somone
> capable of writing "by far the most readable and understandable
> descriptions of how the brain operates (In the areas relevant to PD)
> that I have read".  Perhaps this explains that consistancy.

  Of course I have read the whole book at least twice, but I have read
  the first half many more times.

> In a previous posting on this subject you acknowledged that 'the jury
> was still out", yet here you go again, deriding any opinion not in
> agreement with your own. Once more I would ask you to stop
> trivialising this debate with the persistant use of the word
> "rubbish".  I would also ask, in support of David Langridge, and
> again not for the first time, that you substantiate your theories
> with something more than your own experience.

  Read my reply to David: I am not talking about people with diphasic
  dyskinesia. I am very sorry for them, and regret that I am unable to
  help them. As a sufferer of the plain vanilla form of Parkinsons.
  (i.e. The majority), I will continue to quote my experience, just as
  David keeps quoting his.

> Bernard Shaw wrote in one of his plays, something on the lines of :
>
> "Forgive him; he is a barbarian who believes that the customs of his
> small island are the Laws of the Universe".

  Write out 500 times 'PWPs with diphasic dyskinesia are a small minority'

> It is a trap we all fall into at times, perhaps you would consider
> climbing out of it.
>
> Dennis.

> Dennis Greene 48/10
> http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/