----------
> Fra: Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Re: Invisibility/WCSH-TV/Anyone want to join me?
> Dato: 7. januar 1998 02:12
>
> ^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
> Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
> Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  32   deg. F freezing rain
> Dear friends,
>
> Does anyone want to be on a TV show on Parkinson's, in Portland, Maine,
> USA?? Read on, folks, but first, let me thank Jim Slattery of Australia
> for sharing his pain and anger at our Invisibility>
>
> I HATE being marginalized and excluded and ignored and assumed to have
> dementia , especially by YOUNG folks my age-I'm 48-well, for PWP's that's
> hardly more than a pup.  I HATE being underemployed or unemployed and
> left like flotsam and jetsam on the waysides of the "busy" world out
> there.
>
> As if WE PWP's aren't "busy!"
> Or adequately intelligent.
>
> C'mon, world, WAAAAAAAAAKE UP!
*************
YES I`m awake  Ivan, so good to see you in such a high humour.

> Anyway- Diane Atwood  of Channel 6 - NBC-TV -called me yesterday.  It was
> on the answering machine.  I responded today and GUESS WHAT FOLKS??  She
> wants me to be.on the WCSH--TV show she is preparing on Parkinson's. It
> allows 3 guests.
>
> Oh, dear, Ivan the gadfly comes OUT of the closet to put a FACE on PD!!
> SO I said "yes" to her.
>
> I told her all about the List--she was so excited by the end of our talk
> that she even asked me for my (unprepared) thoughts about the SCRIPT of
> the show.  So I rattled on about brave folks like Romona, and the April
> PD Awarenss Month proclamations,  the pitfalls and limits of pallidotomy,
> and the struggles we have with  Mirapex, and the ROLLER COASTER of hope
> and depression we ride. And of course, the UDall money-HOW would YOU
> spend  100 MILLION dollars to cure and treat PWP's and to help their
> families???
>
> And, Diane was absolutely fascinated with the List.  Now here is an
> opportunity for List Power.
>
> ANYONE on the LIST want to fly to Maine and join me?
YES I would love to, but can`t afford money to go there :-)) but I would
like to watch you on TV - IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAPE THE SHOW and send it to
Denmark?? I don`t make fun.
Sonia N
DK

( Ivan the gadfly) in my mind you are not a "gadfly" if I understand the
word right!!!