Thanks to Barb Brock, Janet Patterson, Brian Collins, and others who most
recently have offered opinions on our situation.  Barb: Several years ago
Jim tried amantadine, RX from our iternist as a diagnostic, to see if he
had PD, but it made him so sick he quit before any dx could be made.  It
was later we went the neuro route.  Janet: as a newbie, I appreciate your
advisory on the "designer" nature of the disease and the necessity of
distinguishing fact from opinion.  In the short time I've been doing this,
I find it frustrating how little "fact" there seems to be--especially re
meds.  We had to make a somewhat arbirtary judgment about the safety and
promise of seligiline, and just go with that, and the the most recent
seligiline debate on list in October confirmed the decision, at least for
these early days and in spite of the possibly flawed mortality study.

Brian has been most gracious enough to share his vast knowledge, and I
really appreciate that, too.  Actually, if it's the amphetamine effect that
keeps Jim going, it must be just enough, for he's anything but 'speeding'.
And as for being "in the front line in an undeclared test", we know we're
winging it, but it seems like that's what we'd have to do in any event.
It's tough to be forced to make decisions for yourself when you're so new
at it, but reading all the discussions of others' similar problems and
insight offers comfort.  Thanks all.

Emiy Jackson, CG Jim, 70/2