Hey there, Bernard!  Nice to "see" ya back on the List... you've been missed
'round these parts m'friend.

I'd like to add one comment to your so-succinctly-and-accurately-put statement
about the person with PD adapting and balancing to life with the disease and
it's assorted nuances, i.e., drugs, physical degeneration and changes, etc.

I'd forgotten (or maybe "ignored" would be a better word?), what with my
preoccupation with Parkinson's, that I'm ALSO dealing with plain ol "LIFE
changes," not having to do with PD at all.

These life changes come with their own set of physical changes and nuances...
that we often tend to ignore or just grumble about.  There's even a NAME for
these life changes - AGING <grumbling and groaning>

It seems to ME that most PWP are either approaching middle age or ARE middle
aged, or are even older than that.  So it figures that not only do we cope and
adjust (hopefully!) to the slow degeneration and changes inflicted upon us by
the disease but we're also coping with physical changes going on
simultaneously to those changes caused by our PD because we're aging.

Frankly, sometimes it's tough to know what's causing which symptom! <'nother
groan>  I think it's important each of us remember that not ALL the changes
going on within our respective bodies are being caused by PD, and it's equally
as important to make our family and physicians to see the COMPLETE picture we
present them, rather than conveniently blaming ALL our physical problems and
changes on the most OBVIOUS - the disease.

Say... where'd all these gray roots come from in my hair, huh?  Caused by PD?
Nope... THIS "symptom" arrived one day after I turned 40 - along with the
bifocals! <grin>

Barb Mallut