At 06:24 PM 1/8/98 +0100, you wrote:

>> I am a new member on this list. My father is diagnose with PD januari
1997. He is 65 years old. He started in
>> a program with the University of Amsterdam and they give him now Sinemet.
I don't know the exact dosis,
>> according to the neurologist it must be enough because she is reluctant
in increasing the dosis.

>> My father has barely no tremors but he is nearly unable to walk. His
muscles refuse to move. He is seeing a
>> fysiotherapist for this. It seems to get worser every week. In
october/november he was able to walk every day
>> for about an hour, but now he can't walk for five minutes. He is using
his bicycle, but just for short trips,
>> to run some errants. My question to you is: Is Sinemet the best medicine
to use? Are there other options that
>> will make him walk again?
>>
>> Another problem is that my father has difficulty to sit on a chair. He
tries every chair in the house and he
>> can't sit very long. So he now doesn't like to visit people, because when
sitting hurts very much what can you
>> expect. Recognizes anyone this. Because the neurologist says that the
cause cannot be PD. But what is the
>> cause. They did tests on his blood and urine. Everything is oke. But he
still is unable to sit.

>> The third problem is that my father sleeps very bad. He goes to bed and
sleeps for maximum two hours and
>> afterwards he walks around in the house or takes a bath. He gets up at
5.30-6.00 and between 1.30/2.00 and
>> 5.30/6.00 he gets out of bed 5-6 times. The neurologist has no answere,
and doesn't want to give him sleeping
>> tablets. She is afraid for addiction.
>>
>> My father is now desperate. He doesn't want to live like this. He can't
sleep, he can't walk and he can't sit.
>> I, as his daughter, try everything what is in our power to help him,
together with my sister and three
>> brothers. My mother tries to support my father as much as possible, but
he isn't getting any better, in fact
>> he is only getting worse and depressed. He is diagnose with PD for one
year, and in januari he was a cheerful,
>> active man, and know he is sad and everything he does is a burden for him.
>>
>> That's also the reason to be a member of this list. I read everything and
I see you support each other in a
>> very positive way. I like reading the letters. I learn a lot.
>>
>> I hope you understand what I am writing. And I hope that there is someone
who can help us. Thank you very
>> much.
>>
>> Gerdie Ketelaars.
>
>       We wee you have a reply from one of your countrymen on looking for
another doctor. This problem is very common in America, so don't be
discouraged or surpised at  this advice. Good luck. Thea and Gordon Seese
                                        Mt. shasta Calif.