Jacquie ;
you wrote:
> I saved the consultation letter written 10 years ago by the first neurologist
> I contacted to confirm my self-diagnosed PD.  Among my major complaints
> summarized in that letter was "a feeling of internal tremor."  This bothered
> me especially in social situations, where I found it distracting.  He
> concluded that I did not have PD--my diagnosis was not confirmed until a year
> [and two neurologists] later.  Hearing about this symptom from so many others
> is heartening.
> Another thing I noted that the docs and the textbooks dont know about was the
> extreme fluctuations in symptoms --"ons" and "offs" --in the early years of my
> PD,
> long before I started taking any medications.  At least some of the minute to
> minute unpredictable fluctuations must be inherent in the disease process of
> PD and not merely a "drug reaction" to Sinemet, as it has been interpreted.
> Jacquie

I can certainly identify with everything you say as well..........I
had extremes such as falling unexpectedly in the years 1984 through
1986.....was thought to have ms for a while.... wasn't diagnosed as
Parkinson's until external tremor surfaced 10 years later 1994.
Parkinson's symptoms are never static....they change all the time in
duration and frequency and sometimes symptoms almost disapear
entirely.  For instance I had speech problems in 1986-87 and have had
little trouble that way since.  Incidentally, I have taken Vitamin E
in large doses every day since 1984.   Do I believe in Vit E?
Its something like lucky horseshoes or rabbit feet....Lets just say
I've heard it works even if you don't believe!
Keep smilin'............Murray