Hi! Mary, Personally I cannot see anything wrong with the supplement,
but I am not an expert. I have enclosed a recent study below, and I
think it would be advisable to stay away from iron supplements, at
least until they learn more. You could also look to the additives and
see if it contains alcohol or Aspartame. I have also been told that
you can increase you magnesium levels by adding Epson Salt to your
bath water.
                     Best Wishes,  Linda Forrest's Mom

Neurology 1997 Sep;49(3):714-717

Altered systemic iron metabolism in Parkinson's disease.

Logroscino G, Marder K, Graziano J, Freyer G, Slavkovich V, LoIacono N,
Cote L, Mayeux R

Iron deposition in the substantia nigra in Parkinson's disease has been
associated with an increase in lactoferrin receptors and a
reduction in ferritin concentration. This accumulation of iron in the
brain may accelerate free radical formation, lipid
peroxidation, and neuronal death. Remarkably, there are few data
available concerning systemic iron metabolism in Parkinson's
disease. We measured total iron binding capacity and circulating iron,
ferritin, transferrin, and transferrin receptors; calculated
transferrin saturation; and estimated dietary iron intake in patients
with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and in controls.
Concentrations of circulating iron, ferritin, and transferrin as well as
total iron binding capacity and transferrin saturation were
significantly lower in patients than controls. There were no differences
in transferrin receptors or dietary intake of iron. The
decrease in levels of systemic ferritin and transferrin and the total
iron binding capacity parallels observations in a Parkinson's
disease brain, but the reductions in serum iron concentrations and
transferrin saturation do not, and were unexpected. These
results suggest the existence of a defect in the systems that regulate
the synthesis of the major proteins of iron metabolism in the
liver as well as the brain in Parkinson's disease that may, over time,
expedite entry of iron into the brain and decrease iron in the
extracellular compartment.

PMID: 9305329, UI: 97450341

       the above report in   format.