Hi Jim,
 I just wanted to share with you that "this" does occur with or without PD ?:)
If it any consulation ... my hubby who has had a beard/mustache combo for 12+
years decided to shave (LOL he lost a "bet" with me .....I'm not even going to
complain about the mess he left the bathroom sink, counter and floor in that
would just start another tiff between the two of us <wink>:) but noBODY
noticed ... he was crushed :(((  After years of getting heck from his "mommy"
for having it ... she never remarked on it untill months later "after" he'd
started regrowing the facial hair and that was in referance to photo album
pictues "Son when did you shave your beard?"  I hope you don't misunderstand
my intentions of sharing this with you:) ... I do understand the "between the
lines" issue we see the same or rather similar things occuring here with the
boys ... one is spoken to more than the other from outside people .... alot of
times Zach could answer the questions that are asked but people usually direct
the questions to me, my husband or my daughter (basically everyone except
Zach) ... I try to step back and say "Well how about asking "him" he'd be the
best one to know that..."  Just my 2cents ... Elf iN Tn...Romona
 http://members.aol.com/elf808/index.html   <---newbie webpage but it's in
color <G>
Elf wife to Tony (my hero), and mom to Tori (age 9, nda), Zach (age 8,
multichallenged), Cory (age5, multichallenged). The boys have no definative Dx
but several labels... Ataxia,Nystagmus, Strubismus, Dystonia, Parkinsonism,
Asthma, Execma, Hypotonia, Spasticity....ect  Collectively the
Dystonia/Parkinsonism effects the boys from eyes to toes and progressing
steadily. Currently Cory & Zach are taking Sinemet, Lodosyn and Cory has had 4
rounds of Botox, uses a walker or WC for mobility.

<<
 How "visible" are PWPs to carers of long standing, to
 relatives, friends?

 I have made it one of my New Year's Resolutions, to REALLY
 see and hear ALL people, not just the more visible ones.

 (Now, I wonder how invisible I am in the Bank?  If I
 just... )

 Jim >>