At 09:30 AM 1/9/98 -0500, Mark Klapper wrote:
>As posted here previously, my father has been in the hospital for nearly
>four weeks due to med-related problems.  They are finally getting him
>back on his feet, but he still has a way to go.  We finally prevailed on
>the docs to leave him on Sinimet and Clozaril, and go from there.  (He
>gets 2 Sinimet 25/100 3x, and one at bedtime.)
>
>We've realized as time has gone on that he is very depressed...he is
>self-absorbed and has had crying spells.  He says that he thinks he is
>losing his mind, and feels that people do not believe him anymore.
>Looking back, it seems he was probably suffering from depression before
>he landed in the hospital.  There would be an episode of minor confusion
>(i.e. mixing up a date), followed by a realization of what he had done,
>followed by withdrawal.   When he visited us a few months ago, he was
>quiet and really did not initiate much conversation.  He also tended to
>act panicky and helpless over minor incidents, calling the neighbors in
>the middle of the night because my mother was coughing.
>
>I'm hesitant to push the docs to add another med, as he hasn't fully
>stabilized.  I'm wondering if there are other strategies we can use that
>can boost his spirits.  We've tried to be reassuring and positive, but
>it doesn't seem to stick.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Mark Klapper

  mark i went through same things i got in it one nebor. about him getting
on my lawn x 2in. other about water. how i was feeding my birds. went on for
months. doc did not change med just told my famly to not yell at me. play
games to make me use my mind. and to give more love. am getting better now.
am in to cribbage clue also my baby is going to play checker with me. so you
might try some thing along that line.

                   I.Y.Q. DOM&VIVIAN