Dear Bob Ritter, Mark, Gordon and Thea Seese,

Thank you for you reactions. They were very helpfull. I had a long talk with the neurologist of my father and
we decided to increase the Sinemet. He was using three times a day 1 tablet of 100/25 and now he gets 1,5
tablet, three times a day. It is indead possible that my father has PD for a longer time than he is diagnosed.
Some symptoms we now recognize and he has them a couple of years.

Also he is getting now sleeping tablets, called Normison. We hope he will be able to get a good night sleep.

The neurologist told me that there are two kind of PD. 1. the brains don't make enough dopamine and 2. the
receptors are unable to receive the dopamine. For the first PD the Sinemet works excellent and for the second
PD the only way to get any result is to give a patien a high dose of Sinemet. Now I wonder how much Sinemet
you can give a patient.

If the increasing of the medicine doesn't work, the neurologist will make another scan in order to make a new
diagnosis. And she thinks of giving him then Permax.

On January 21th we have another appointment in order to evaluate this. I hope my father is doing better.

Thanks again for your reactions.

Gerdie Ketelaars