Sonia Nielsen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Dear Jo,
>Yesterday I visited my neuro at the hospital and met two good friends the
>man is a pwp and his wife the cg.
>Everytime I asked her husband "how are you doing today Peter" she replyed
>"he is doing very well". All that time we sat together about half an hour
>he didn`t got opportunity to asnswer me, because his wife "took over" every
>time he tried to go into the conversation. I was really frustrated when I
>left my friends, because I didn`t dare to tell the wife "please let Peter
>talk for himself".

If she is being so rude as to speak for him, she perhaps deserves to be
gently chastised. You could say, "I know Fred finds things difficult,
but I have found that, given the time, most PWPs (including myself) can
do a lot more than people give them credit for!"

Alternatively, you simply IGNORE the  carer's response, and repeat your
question to Fred (?) starting it with "Fred, how ...". She SHOULD get
the message!

--
Jeremy Browne - [log in to unmask]
Hampshire, UK