Ken... THAT is just what I did a coupla days ago!  I cancelled the two
"add-on" features that have been on both of my phones (personal line and modem
line) for years.

Adios to the $1.40 a month for "inside wiring 'insurance," which I've had for
over 15 years and never  needed OR used.   Adios to the $.60 a month for my
heretofore unlisted phone numbers.  And adios to the $4.50 a month for the
"extended calling area" I've had ever since I met my friend Harvey many years
ago.  He lives in the same city I do but is a toll-call away.  Heck... Harvey
'n I almost always use email and/or get together in person anyway.

Ya know - truthfully, I'd just plain forgotten I had these added monthly
expenses on my phones.  I'd rather NOT subsidize Pacific Bell if I don't
HAVE to, so this thread  on the List has been good incentive to cancel these
unnecessary features.

SO THERE!!!  TAKE *THAT*  YOU STEEEEENKIN' PHONE COMPANY! (Barb hits Pac Bell
where it hurts!) <ohhh...that felt GOOD!> (grin)

Barb Mallut

Ken Becker said:

OR, they can cut off all the extra services like call waiting, or call return
on BOTH phones, that provide extra revenue for the phone Co, to help
counteract the extra cost. If enough people join together and do that, they
will do a quick turnaround! KenB