Debbie White
Joy wrote:

----------

> We also have a problem in coversing with his mother who is 82 and quite
> deaf.  She cannot understand him on the phone at all.  So it seems that I
> do all the talking (shouting!) all the time and certainly any sustained
> conversation falls to me.  I find this not only draining but it is sad
too,
> because I feel that Bob is not "communicating" deeply or meaningfully
with
> his mother at all. And I am not sure if she realises why I am doing all
the
> talking.  She and probably other relatives as well -- hey even our
friends
> -- think that I am a dominating, overbearing, pushy wife and carer.

Joy, my parents have a friend with a similiar problem with his older mother
and they bought her (and him) a fax machine. He faxes messages, she
receives them and talks back. This seems to work fine. (I posted this to
the entire list in case it could help with PD phone speech problems.) Good
luck/ Debbie White