-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Slattery <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, January 11, 1998 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: Invisible PWP/LONG Response to Ken

>>I guess I'm asking a lot of questions here... and more keep
>popping into my
>>mind.  But basically, what this experience did was make me
>very conscious of
>>the fact there are lots of PWPs withOUT a Camilla or a
>Vivian or a Michel to
>>care FOR them as well as ABOUT there.  What do we do if
>we're in that
>>position?  (feeling like I've opened a "personal can of
>worms," here?)
>

>Hi Barb,
>
>Believe me, I thank God every day for the love and care
>given me by my dear wife.
>I don't know what I would do without her, and I shudder to
>think.
>
>I do my best to let her know how much I appreciate her. As
>Joy Graham wrote hereabouts, although people might ask the
>carergiver how the PWP is, they often forget to ask how the
>caregiver is.  So I take good care to let others know how I
>feel about her, in her presence.
>
>Jim 58/12

Jim, I think that Barb was asking, "what do you do if you don't have someone
like your wife to CARE for and about you?"
    I think you should sink into a deep depression <for about thirty
minutes>,
Wallow in self pity <until it is time to go to bed>
Get up the next morning and then go find someone you can share life with and
grow to care about one another.
    This advice comes to you from one who has been married three times <each
time better than the last>, loves women and loves LOVE.
The only thing I can't tell you is HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU DO ALL OF THIS ?
Thank God I am lucky enough to have found <finally> the right one.
Keep on Keeping on, if you haven' been as fortunate YET.

Bob Chapman