Nice to see you back again Marling,
Sonia

NEVER GIVE UP

----------
Fra: Marling McReynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Emne: Hello, again
Dato: 11. januar 1998 07:46

Hello all,

Yes, I am still alive and even sometimes kicking.
I have been on Requip for nearly 2 months now.  I take .75mg 3Xday of
Requip, 1 Sinemet CR 25/100 per day, Zoloft and a super vitamin that has
A,E,C and selenium.

For the first few weeks I too had the heavy chest, but that has gone away.
I am sleeping better than ever.  I still do not get what most people would
call real sleep, but instead of an hour at a time, I can now get up to 4
hours of continuous sleep.

I am still having trouble with RLS, but I guess not everything can be
fixed.  My neuro told me that RLS can be inherited separately from PD, and
my father had it.  So, I have a double dose.

My tremor is under control now most of the time and my stiffness is
minimal.  In fact, the more I exercise on a regular basis (not hit or
miss), the less stiffness I have.

Since I am off the heavier doses of Sinemet and the Eldepryl and Permax, my
hallucinations have gone away.  My biggest fight now seems the depression.
With the help of a good counselor, and a new friend, I may be winning that
one.

I hope to be writing more now, as I am getting back on my feet.  Being off
everything for sometime to straighten out my system really took a lot out
of me.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling McReynolds

and Don, you are right--the best med for PD is love.
IYQ 2.