Hello Camilla,
You are right. I was caregiver for my husband for 5 year before he pass
away from a heartattack, I was often - like you - asked to speak for him.
BUT that day I was trying to talk with the man at the hospital I could see
on his face that he was angry, because the wife wouldn`t let him answer.
Greetings
Sonia