Are we pwp invisible? or are we too visible to those who would wish us
elsewhere?   Do we repel the eye, or do we attract the eye?

For my part I would rather the visible part of me [my cane, my wheelchair,
my tremor, my stoop, my mask, in short, my pd symptoms] were transparent,
and my friends [aquaintances, strangers, adversaries] would see through
and behind these externals to the inside me.  Transparency is not
invisibility.  Even the cleanest an clearest glass window makes its
presence known by chance reflections, small bits of surface dust, and
minor distortions in the glass.   PD is not that clean or subtle.  Our
symptoms don't try to disguise themselves.

But we are more than just the sums of our symptoms.  We are more like the
unafflicted than not.  Our commonalities far outnumber our differences.
Perhaps that is precisely what makes others uncomfortable.  We cannot be
dismissed as aliens.  We must be acknowledged as living, breathing,
persons with some unusual motor traits.

I vote for tranparency, and to hell with invisibility.  I'm too old to
play peek-a-boo.

George Andes  64/15 and still here