Hello again  Janet

  It is with some reluctance that I write to answer your criticism, because
a) I don't think it was justified, and b) I don't really have the time.

I did not see any need to be particularly careful of what I said to Emily.
She had already assessed the opinions and made her own mind up ; to take
Selegiline (Thanks at least for putting my spelling right). I took her
'sorry Brian' as a light-hearted tweak of my tail, and responded in similar
fashion by making a joke about the Amphetamine.  Incidentally, have you
tried not taking it for a month? I have had letters from people who have
tried, and found themselves suffering severe withdrawal symptoms.

The reason why I said that it was no big deal, is that the pro and ante
lobbies seem to have arrived at a concensus that after about 5 years there
is virtually no discernible difference between the users and non-users.
On the basis of that long term result, I think you will find that I have
recently toned-down my comments on Selegiline: A policy based on the
general opinion among the experts.

At the risk of incurring another broadside, I have almost written this
following comment several times and then decided not to. I hope that you
take it as constructive comment.
  You have performed a valuable service (prior to your move which
understandably reduced your output) in publishing summaries and abstracts
of scientific papers relating to PD. However, in more recent times it seemed
to me that the steady stream of reports had swelled to a torrent, many of
them having no relevance to PD. It was becoming difficult to read them all,
yet I did not want to pass over them in case I missed something of real
interest. I don't want to stop you , but it would be helpful if you could
take a leaf out of the comedians book and indicate each article's
relevance to PD

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>