Ken B. said:

 Back to the situation you described, it was unpleasant for the
polite person who tried to help, but didn't really hurt the PWP in the
wheelchair, but could have been an indication of deeper problems.  There are
so many problems for PWP, and the best solution will be to find the cure as
soon as possible. But you already KNEW that!

In my opinion, Ken, m'friend, speaking as a person with Parkinson's, tho I've
never had a caregiver, with my last room mate who renting from me for two
years, when SHE tried to speak or act FOR me (and she  was a bright and caring
lady, who tried to ANTICIPATE what I might do or say in a given instance...),
I found two things:

1.  Tho she knew the way my mind worked, when she tried to speak FOR
me - EVEN if she was correct in what I MIGHT have said, I resented her not
permitting ME to speak for myself.   And I told her that upfront each time
that happened.

2.  When she DID something or acted in what APPEARED to be in MY name, I felt
that it looked like she was representing me to any other individuals there at
the time.  She didn't represent me, and as in the above, I told her upfront.
And it was tough feeling forced to remind her I am my own person, even tho I
have PD which can slow me down in some instances.

What I'm saying is when one's caregiver speaks or acts for one, THEIR words
and/or actions often reflect upon the person they work for - at least as I see

it.  If your caregiver is an EMPLOYEE, rather than a family member, and IF
he/she acts like a total jerk while in the course of their job, then YOU as
the employer look bad because THEIR negative actions make YOU look bad.

SOOO... that DOES hurt the PWP, 'cause who wants to look like they've got an
ill-tempered, or thoughtless person acting and/or speaking in their stead only
because they're in your employ?

And you're right <smile>  I DID know that.. The sooner the cure or a truly
viable-good-for-ALL-Parkies treatment comes along, the better!

Barb Mallut (1/2 of the List's "Barbie & Ken Show") <grin>