Thanks, Murray.  I, too, have been surprised by the lack of response.

But perhaps we shouldn't be.  The study of economics teaches that all the
multitudinous players in the everyday MICRO-economic world - merchants,
laborers, doctors, lawyers and all the rest - are primarily interested in
maximizing their individual profit.  Although the totality of all of these
MICRO elements creates the MACRO-economic world - really, our global
economy - we typically exert no control over them, and show little interest
in them until they intimately affects us.  And then we frequently do no
more than shout in the darkness over our misfortune.

Such seems also the case in the Parkinson's world.  To your credit, you
have provided a much-needed "northern light" to illuminate our inattention
to our MACRO world.
                                Bob Dolezal