--------------670427F9E42DA243F4266CDD

Dear Larry,

My Partner is suspected of having PD, to be tested next month.
She has had chicken pox when young, and shingles recently.
She seemed to develope PD about 6 months latter and has never been her old
self. since then.
Please keep me informed of your findings.
I belive there is a virus-infection that can trigger PD?
Any info. most wellcome.

Gerald

Flemco- wrote:

> Dear Listmembers,
>
> The following is from Encarta:
> Herpes Zoster
>
> "Known as shingles, this is a one-time recurrence of the symptoms of
> chicken pox, usually during adulthood. It is caused by the chicken pox
> virus attacking a sensory nerve. The skin over the nerve generally breaks
> out in blisters a few days after the onset of the disorder, which is
> accompanied by pain and frequent numbness or hypersensitivity along the
> course of the nerve, usually the trunk. The blisters are at first clear,
> but become cloudy within a few days and form crusts that dry up after five
> or ten days.
> The skin manifestation of herpes zoster is not serious, but the pain caused
> by the inflammation of the underlying nerve can be severe, lasting for
> weeks; recovery may be followed by persistence of neuralgia in the area of
> the involved nerve. High doses of acyclovir can significantly reduce the
> symptoms of herpes zoster. Normally, medication relieves pain, and the
> disease subsides spontaneously. More severe cases may be treated with such
> steroids as cortisone. In cases of persistent pain, the involved nerve may
> be either blocked by drugs or cut."
>
> I had shingles and chicken pox as a child and shingles again in my
> mid-30's.  I remember my adult episode occurring during a period of
> extraordinary stress in my life (job and family related).  As a child, I
> don't know what I was stressed about.
>
> Have any of you suffered from shingles and do you suspect any relationship
> with PD?
>
> How many have had chicken pox?
>
> Did we not have some postings this past fall concerning herpes?
>
> Any comments?  This is not intended to be a survey.  I was just curious and
> wondered if others had similar experiences.
>
> Larry Fleming 51/1

--------------670427F9E42DA243F4266CDD

begin:          vcard
fn:             Dr.  Gerald  P. Connolly
n:              Connolly;Dr.  Gerald  P.
adr:            Purine Research Lab, ;;London Bridge, ;LONDON;UK;SE1 9RT;ENGLAND
email;internet: [log in to unmask]
tel;work:       0171-955-8718
tel;fax:        0171-407-6689
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;-17216