<< Please tell me, did you get a little "confused" when you started with
 Requip?? why I`m asking is,  one of my female friends - age 60 - asked me
 yesterday, and she know I`m on the list. As far as I know there are very
 few pwp in Denmark on this drug.
 Best greeting
 Sonia >>

Hi Sonia: it is always nice to hear from you. I have always been impressed
with how well you and most of the international members handle the English
language. I doubt most American list members  could  do as well in foreign
languages. I feel that our schools should have mandatory requirements for all
students to become proficient in a second lanquage. Gee what got me off on
that subject.

The term a little confused needs to be identified better. I want to be sure we
are not talking about off periods.

Requip is designed to enhance the strength and longivity of the sinemet which
we take concurrently with requip.  In that sense it replaces parlodel and
permax. Sinamet is the drug that keeps us from going into an off state. When
we go into a off state one of the characteristcs is loss  of mental function
which can manifest it self by confusion. When I go off my body gets extremely
slow and as my thought process slows down my mind slows down in its ability to
understand what my senses perceive. As example.. while driving home alone at
night I started to go off.  It was dark and rainey and the lights of the car
behind me were distracting me. I came to an inter section not to far from home
and could not determine which way to turn to go home because I could not wade
thru the sensory imput to determine where I was at that moment in time and
space.

In answer to your question the mere taking of requip did not cause confusion.
But an imbalance of medications during the start up process could lead to
confusion as follows.  As you increase the requip you will be decreasing the
pardol or permax and sinemet to you stablize at an effective dosage of the
During this period you may  experience  a difference in your previous feel
good position until you sort out the maximum requip dosage and the other
levels of concurrently taken medications.

All in all it has been a good drug for me.

I wish you well and a happy new year

Dale Severance