jwherry wrote:

> I am writing to the group to ask if anyone has an article something like
> "Parkinson's Disease support group on the internet for dummies" that
> they would be kind enough to send me for distribution to this group?

John,
Our own Art Hirsch has in fact written an excellent presentation on PD and
the Internet. I offered it to our PD support group, along with my own views
on the value of the 'net and the PD listserv. The president of the group
then placed it in the community health library, along with other PD
resources, and it has been checked out several times.

Our 3 or 4 members who own computer/modems have indeed subsequently joined
the listserv; however, I'm sorry to say they found the volume of posts too
great to handle, and dropped out.  I believe this is partly due to poor
browsers, that did not allow them to delete posts readily. Deletions became
so time-consuming that they gave up.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--