All is not beer and skittles (what is/are skittles, anyway) in OK.  A
support group member reported last week that  her husband picked up an
applications for a handicap parking permit last summer at the local tag
agency; they filled it in, took it for their dr. to sign and sent it in
to wherever it goes.  Received in return a summons (not a legal summons)
to appear before the driving examiner's office (a far drive from home) to
determine if she was able to operate a vehicle safely.

She did appear and the man was nice, asked some questions, observed her
movements but didn't tell her the results.  He forwarded his opinion to
the agency and she received her permit by mail with a notice that she
would have to appear again in two years.

This is the first time I'd heard of this in OK.  My doctor handled it by
sending in a letter (and possibly an application--I don't know).  I was
never contacted to appear but got my hangtag in the mail with no strings
attached--but I'll be watching!

Kathy Kunz
       for Don McK. --IYQ and Vivian too--heal up soon