Dale (and Murray  'n Bob)...

I had to think about this one before responding.... had to get real honest
with myself about my lack of interest in the proposed PD grass roots congress.
  Ultimately, I ended up with a REACTION and FEELINGS, and there was only one
fairly consistent thought rather then "thoughts."

My reaction was "Ho hum... ANOTHER Parkinson's organization that'll be asking
me to donate money."  My feelings were ambivalence.   AND finally, my thought
was to take a "wait-and-see" stance in order to see the direction this group
took before I thought bout it any further.

IF I feel - after the congress takes off - that IF it's something that meets
MY needs (and I've yet to feel that way about the major national PD
organizations)   THEN I'll support it and participate in it wholeheartedly.

One last thought -  My "wait and see" attitude has grown out of the ongoing
public battle between the major national PD organizations... I feel it
important to see if those not-so-august-representative-bodies will throw cogs
into the wheels of the new congress (GAWD, I hate that term for a "grass roots
PD group" - sounds SO "governmental") in a crude attempt to clip it's wings,
if not take over and show this upstart group who's boss. (kinda looks like I
see the established PD orgs looking pretty darn shabby. huh?) <I DO!>

PS.... I'm fessing up publicly 'cause you ASKED (otherwise I'd have kept it to
myself), and would appreciate it if those who are "gung ho" about this PD
congress not come onto me like evangelists bent on religious conversion in
order to get me to change my mind and attitude toward the congress.

Barb Mallut