Here in Maine, especially away from the coast, the ice storm was
devastating.  Most people lost electricity.  Mainers, being very creative,
probably did the same thing as the people caught in the Great Blackout
along the Eastern Seaboard many years ago. I expect there will be a bumper
crop of new Mainers in about 9 months.

Not having power for many days caused some computer problems especially
without battery backup.  I had a lot of trouble seeing the screen by candle
light. And, boy was the computer slow. The speed was about one Hz.  Maybe
if I'd a fed more to the gerbal on the tread mill?  But I solved the speed
problem when I put the cat on the same treadmill.  The mouse sped up,
knowing that if the cat caught him, there would be a lot less Hertz for the
computer but many more hurts for him!

Here are some computer terms that Mainers use, especially during power
outages:

Log On:         Makin the wood stove hotter.
Log Off:        Don't add no wood.
Monitor:        Keepin' an eye on the wood stove.
Download:       Gettin the firewood off the pickup.
Mega Hertz:     When yer not careful down loadin'.
Floppy Disk:    What ya git from pilin' too much firewood.
Ram:            The hydraulic thing that splits the firewood.
Hard Drive:     Gettin' home during the ice storm.

Prompt:         What ya wish the power repair people was.
Windows:        What to shut when it's 15 below.
Screen:         What ya need for the black fly season.
Byte:           That's what the flies do.

Chip:           What ya munch on.
Micro chip:     What's left in the bottom of the bag.
Infared:        Where the left-overs go when Fred's around.
Modem:          What ya did to the hay fields.

Dot Matrix:     Farmer Matrix's wife.
Lap Top:        Where little kids feel comfy.
Keyboard:       Where ya hang yer keys.
Software:       Them plastic eatin' utensils.
Mouse:          What eats the horses' grain.
Main Frame      Holds up the barn roof.
Port:           Fancy wine.
Enter:          C'mon in.

Random Access Memory:  Ya can't remember what ya paid for that new rifle
when yer wife ask.
                                                                        Peace, John